Today I am delighted to be presenting at the BrightTalk Analytics Summit. I will be presenting on some new open-source tools that are available for doing analytics. In particular, I will be focusing on Python Scikit-Learn, PyStats, Orange, Julia and Octave.
I hope to help people answer the questions:
1. Why is there a need for new analytical tools?
2. What are the potential alternatives?
3. What are some of the pro’s and con’s of each alternative?
4. Demonstrate some specific use-cases for each tool
5. Provide a roadmap to get started using these new tools
My full presentation will be available here.